Thursday, March 25, 2010

Why I said what I said to Caroline

This essay was also a very enjoyable one. Caroline had a very strong understanding of the assignment, and she has her organization skills on point. However, she gave little to no supporting evidence to match her very interesting and engaging first paragraph. If I recall correctly, her paragraph on Symbolism was about two sentences long. I know by her introduction she wants to make this an essay that speaks more directly to the reader. With more vivid details cited from the work, I could have really understood what she interpreted from the symbols she used. I also really enjoyed the paragraph after the one about Symbolism, but I'm sure if she was exact and quoted the actual work, the claim she made would be more strongly argued. Her ability to engage the reader is great, but I feel she needs to work on these aspects to achieve that high grade she's working for.

No comments:

Post a Comment