Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Why I said what I said to Carlos

I'll have to personally apologize for my tardiness with these assignments. I've got the amazing luck of getting sick on Sunday, which is just awesome, but I digress.

Carlos showed a great amount of enthusiasm in his work. As I stated in my comment to his blog, it was a very interesting read, and I know that is very important in writing an essay or research paper. I also happen to know that sometimes when you are most inspired you expect your work to receive a certain grade, and how well you're essay addresses the assignment can make all the difference between a B and an A. I could tell Carlos took the assignment seriously and was ready to do research, but since there were only vague descriptions of symbolism in the poem, it was difficult for me to determine his response to the reading. His writing about the poem was very factual, and I felt the assignment really asked why he chose the work. He knows how to keep the reader's attention, I just feel he needs to give a clearer focus in his work to get the grade he knows he deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment